Saturday, June 04, 2005

Wiggle it, just a little bit

Just when I thought it was safe to turn on Saturday morning television the Australians manage to not only surpass the craziness of the British Teletubbies but suck you in and force you to watch their calamity of a children's program at any age.

Ladies and gentlemen, The Village People are entertaining our children.

If you haven't been seen The Wiggles you are in for, well... an inner war between right and wrong.

It was bad enough when four asexual Teletubbies lived together and one carried a purse. That made me weary about children's programs and even the credibility of PBS. But, just like Jacko's first molestation case, I let the Teletubbies slide.

Now, we have four grown men living in a house, each with a corresponding color. In the episode I caught this morning, they were traveling train style to turn on a light because they are scared of the monsters they just saw on TV. I am shocked and appalled that Dubbya hasn't banned this show from television because of it's outright promotion of homosexuality.

Moving on in the episode, Captain Feathersword stops by. I know... I know! Laugh. I did. Captain Feathersword is my favorite character so I will refer to him lovingly as Cap'n. OHHHH Cap'n, my Cap'n.

Cap'n isn't alone when he stops by The Wiggles house of sinful love, he is joined by Dorothy The Dinosaur. You guessed it, Dorothy is female, but she's also a giant dinosaur with no bottom grill (that's jaw or teeth for all of you in suburbia). So the first impression we get of a female on this show is a cold blooded dinosaur with dental issues.

Between the skits that are The Wiggles, we get treated to a live performance by the clan. I only managed to sit through Quack, Quack, Quack, at least that's the only words I could comprehend, before I realized I had been watching the show just long enough to become lobotomized for the rest of my day.

Sigh...

Whatever happened to good Saturday morning shows like Eek! The Cat????

3 Comments:

Blogger Vicarious Living said...

Nice job on the title of your post.... I'm sure The Wiggles would LOVE it if you would do just that. Those pervy bastards.

4:49 PM, June 05, 2005  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

:::Shudder::: and I thought Barney was bad.

1:50 PM, June 27, 2005  
Blogger MC Etcher said...

High time for a new post, wouldn't you say?

9:19 AM, July 04, 2005  

Post a Comment

<< Home